Monday, November 17, 2014

Favorites

When it comes to family, everyone has a favorite, for me its my cousin Jason. Ten years older than me, he tormented me as a child. After graduation he went on to the NAVY and I watched him live out life on his terms. The first of our family to go to Europe, and visit Las Vegas, just to name a few of the cool things he did. With this influence I wanted to be like him when I grew up. As adults the ten years between us didn't matter anymore and we became close friends. Remaining close with our busy life's became easy because the universe kept bringing us together at unsuspected places without planning. Such as running into eachother on my lunch break at the hospital my first year as a nurse and even being at the Grand Canyon on the same day last year. He was visiting phoenix and I visiting Las Vegas. After losing my brother I now know why the universe kept bringing us together, because he would one day be the only man in my life. Last week at the age of 40 he got married and I gained a new cousin. My shrinking family is becoming whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment