Monday, May 19, 2014

Religion & Spirituality: Foxys views

I often get an odd look and rude comment when people whom though they know me learn I am both religious and spiritual. Yes people do apparently still judge you based on these topics still till this day.These comments hurt me to the core. How could I not believe in a higher power when I see miracles everyday for a living and, also see immense sadness almost daily. How could I run a 1/2 marathon or walk in the footsteps of Cesar at the Roman Forum and not know a god exists. I have seen unexplainable miracles happen to people of every religion, no one religion over the other. Traveling in of its self has benefited me spirituality. I've seen buildings and art works older than Christianity. For these reasons I believe there is only one religion that we all observe differently. Extremes a side, every religion has them. Through all our differences we are all human, the higher species. I would consider myself more spiritual than religious. Coming from a New York Italian Catholic family and being raised Christian. I focus more on my personal relationship with god than conforming to any one organized religion. I know in my heart the difference between right and wrong and what god wants for me. Sometimes like everyone I still need some guidance and the feeling of being a part of a community is a basic human need.

No comments:

Post a Comment