Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What if....... I dated a guy with kids??

Not having kids but wanting them someday has always been a deal breaker for me when considering a guy "dating material". As I get older I am realizing I may one day find myself dating someone with kids. Being raised by a single mother whom never remarried and never having a relationship with my father, I have high expectations of what it means to be a dad. Any guy who brags about his kids all over Facebook or in online dating profiles but doesn't pay child support and only sees his kids every other weekend is no father to me. If I ever dated a guy who complained about having to pay $200 per month in child support I would punch him in the face! Do guys really think it only costs $200.00 per month to raise a kid? The only way I would EVER date a guy with kids would be if he had 50% or more responsibility physically and financially for his kids and has a drama free respectful relationship with the baby momma. In which case I could picture myself being in a "modern family" and living down the block and combining our families. If such a guy does exist I would fall for him hard. The sad reality is for most guys the ex and kids are out of sight and out of mind as they move on to the next thing effortlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment