Sunday, August 3, 2014

Ex Boyfriends on Facebook

I have remained friendly acquaintances with 99% of my ex boyfriends. Mind you it didn't happen over night, but time heals all wounds and everything happens for a reason. Forgive and forget. This is especially easy considering I really don't date and the guys I do date are genuinely good people. When I run into them at a function or on Facebook with the skinny little wife, kids, a house and working the 9-5 grind, I think so myself.....Thank got that isn't me. Not one of those things describe me. I am a voluptuous free spirit, world traveler whom works 3 days per week at a career I love. I don't remember the last time I sat down for dinner at home or woke up early on my day off. If I were living that life, the "American Dream" without first living this life I would be unhappy and feel a void in my heart where travel and play should be. I would be self medicating with materialistic things I really cant afford like most Americans while the credit cards and my waste line pile up. I know because that's how my life was before travel and career. Or at least that's where my life was headed. A girl can have everything, just not all at once. That life will come but for know its work ,travel, play. Any void that may be in my life due to lack of children or someone to nurture my job cures. My only responsibility is to myself and my furry babies. There will always be a new place to travel, a new culture to explore, and family to laugh and cry with. I have chosen this life, even if it took me years to realize it, I will not settle.

No comments:

Post a Comment