Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Oops i did it again.............

I got to wound up in life and did something stupid costing me lots of money and most importantly my job. With the catastrophic events these last few months that has gone on with my family, I forgot two important things. To renew my apartment lease and a required nursing certification for work, which is only offered once per month. My rent switched to a month to month status without warning costing me a huge amount for the month as well as expiration of that certification leaving me out of work for twenty days without pay. Until the required class is offered. These extra costs could NOT have come at a worse time. After a severely sick dog, one of many emergencies that drained my bank account and no credit cards. My dream trip to the Greek Islands, ten years in the making only 34 days away. I cannot even fathom the idea I canceling this dream trip after working 21 overtime shifts to pay for it. Every time something bad happens, I would like to think its a blessing in some way, everything will work out and, be better after. All the things that have happened these last few months I can NOT imagine something good ever coming from it. Maybe this break from work will give me the opportunity to grieve and come to terms with things. Putting forth so much love and passion for my career with little to no identity outside of work hasn't been a good thing either. I need to find more purpose outside of work, to better thrive as a person. These next 20 days will possibly be the hardest thing I have ever done to date. Running a marathon is easy next to 20 days without pay and no money in the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment