Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A letter

The darkness and rain outside represents my tears, because this time I cant cry. I wont cry. I need to be strong and step up for the family. Something you know well. What it must be like to live in constant uncertainty and fear. Society says you brought it on yourself, statistics say its because we never had a father. Mom did her best, her mind not demon free. Our childhood was tough but out adult lives has been tougher. So many things we have no control over. I cant cry, I cant cry. I have learned to let go of things that I have no control over, to save my own sanity. You the only man whom has ever loved me, the only constant in my life. As kids you dedicated your life to protecting me. As adults you are the one who needs the protecting, and I am useless. The only thing I have control over is my own life. I hope that one day my life's work, good deeds and standing in society will someday help you. In some way. Now I am crying like a baby. Please don't tell mom, I have to be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment