Friday, June 6, 2014

Whole Foods Juice Cleanse

A few weeks ago I did something I have never done before. I did a "fad" juice cleanse. I have never been one to cave to peer pressure and do fad diets but this time I figured what the hell. Cant get any easier than this particular one. You simply drink 6 of these bottled juices from Whole Foods and you detox your body from chemicals. or in my case processed foods and 6-10 espresso shots per day. The diet is great if you like juice and like being poor. the juices were about $9.00 each times 6 per day. For at least 3 days. You have to use organic juice otherwise you are drinking large quantities of pesticides with nothing else in your body. The original plan was to follow the cleanse for 3 days. just long enough to detox and cleanse but not enough to burn muscle. The first day wasn't so bad. I would choke down the juiced slowly, taking my whole lunch break to finish a bottle. Not because they are so good that I wanted to savor the taste. The flavors were all pretty disgusting. Ingredients like cucumber, kale and way to much ginger. I was surprisingly not hungry and had lots of energy, didn't cheat at all the first day. I was feeling great. By day number two I was telling everyone over and over again about my cleanse. By the end of day two I would find myself watching people eat like a total weirdo, mouth watering and all. The night of day two I caved and went to a drive through for a chicken sandwich. It tasted so damn good and was totally worth it. By this time I ran out of juice and money anyway. Therefor the cleanse only lasted two full days. I lost eight pounds in those two days than proceeded to gain it all back within 2 weeks. The cleanse did the job and got me off caffeine and down to only one cup of coffee in the morning and one espresso shot at that 4:00pm wall. This cleanse tough me that I can do anything I put my mind to even a diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment