Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The best time of year to travel

Without a doubt the best time of year to travel is October. The weather is beautiful everywhere, college kids are in school, air and hotels are cheaper and places are less clouded. Leave summer travel to those with kids and college students. Popular travel destinations are hot, crowded and expensive summer time and winter time may be to cold. All tourist attritions are still open in October but may not be in winter. Every year around January I put in my vacation request at work for October and start saving, giving me 10 months to save. A light jacket & light scarf at night is all you need. My tour of Italy was last October and my Greek island hopping tour is this October. Weather in the 70's in Italy and, expecting slightly warmer weather in Greece. After mid October most tours of the Greek Island stop and attractions are closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment