Wednesday, July 9, 2014

10 Secrets to traveling alone in your 20's & 30's

The secret to traveling alone is....there is no secret. Just be smart. Foxy's secrets to smart travel are as follows. 1. I always travel with travel company's like Contiki and Topdeck for young adults under 39 therefore you will be surrounded with like minded people. They give you a roommate of the same sex unless you pay extra for a private room. The tour guide does pretty much everything for you making the experience smooth and stress free. 2. The only time I am alone is right before meeting up with the tour after landing. I've found a few companies like Viator.com that have car services all over. You can pre arrange a ride to make sure you get to your hotel safe. You can arrange either a private car or shuttle service. You are also alone for any plane transfers, so I try and have as few as possible and chose where wisely. On my next trip I will only have to change planes at JFK. 3. Purchase travel insurance. Best money you will ever spend. 4. Make copies of all travel documents and keep originals in a pencil zipper case for safe and convenient keeping in your carry on. 5. I don't do the secret travel wallet thing but I do always wear a small cross body purse close to my body. Lets be honest fashion is still important. 6. Its a smart idea to have emergency money in a safe place and a credit card. I don't believe in credit cards so I have two different visa bank cards from two separate accounts and cash on me in separate areas. 7. I never separate from the group. A few ties I have really wanted to do something different but wound up doing whatever the group was doing. A small sacrifice in my opinion. 8. I always keep the address of the hotel on a credit card sized peace of paper in my purse. Be extra mindful to take it with you when changing purses. I got lost and was brought to the wrong hotel because I had left the address of the hotel in my day purse, and I was dressed up for a show carrying a small clutch. 9. I actually prefer not to have a phone while traveling out of the country, however I do always keep my phone with me in case of emergencies and pay to have a few international minutes and text messages. My phone is used only in an emergency or to let my family know I am safe with a quick text. 10. I get small folding maps from the local book store to map the hotels and points of interest just incase.

No comments:

Post a Comment