Monday, July 28, 2014

Contiki Reunion

Almost better than the holiday its self is the "Contiki Reunion". That time when the stars align just right and you are lucky enough to meet up with someone from one of your previous tours. All the emotions of that epic holiday come pouring back the second you see each other. That special bond we all share, that only a fellow traveler could understand. Its like seeing your favorite childhood cousin after years apart. At the end of each tour everyone shares contact information and before your plane can land on the ground, you have fifty new friend requests. Thanks to social media keeping in contact is easy, even with time differences. My first Contiki Reunion was this Sunday, when I met up with two sisters from up north in South Beach for the day. They are 30 something professionals as well. We had an awesome time talking about boys, careers and traveling over authentic Miami mojitos and salsa music. Probably the two most genuine, nice girls I have ever met. My next Contiki Reunion will be in New York City for New Years where I am meeting up with a girl from my first tour, whom lives in Brisbane, Australia. We just happen to be doing a Contiki tour while there as well, making it tour number four for me. I am also planning on taking a trip soon to Washington DC to see a few fellow travelers, as well as a trip to Australia of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment