Monday, July 21, 2014

#14 of 35......Donating my hair to charity

I have completed the first item from my 35 things to do before turning 35 list. I just donated 10 inches of my hair to Children With Hair Loss. What an awesome feeling to know a wig will be made for a child from my hair. It took only a year to grow, but that year took forever. After I made the decision to grow and donate it, I stopped dying and cutting it. Not even a trim. Yes I probably should have gotten it trimmed but every trim meant another inch wouldn't be donated or worse another inch I cant keep towards my new hair cut. The hair dresser put several small orthodontic looking rubber bands down my pony tail and just cut it across. I didn't know weather to smile happily or have an anxiety attack. Cutting off that pony tail was really hard. Once it was off and I had it in my hand it felt great. I than had to place the pony tail in a plastic bag and send it off to the organization via a manila envelope. Nothing was free, had to pay for the haircut, and everything to send it. Guess in a few weeks I will get a certificate for my donation. If I don't get anything in return, that is okay too. It was an awesome feeling and I am sure to do it again in a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment