Thursday, July 3, 2014

Waka Cruise to the Bahamas 2013

A few days after returning from Italy I was off to my next adventure. A WAKA kickball cruise to the Bahamas. When you live in south Florida the Bahamas are in your backyard, you can take a day trip pretty much any time. My high school reunion was actually a one day booze cruise to the Bahamas. This time instead of leaving from Fort Lauderdale or Miami the boat left from Port Canaveral, in Orlando. Despite the $267.00 speeding ticket I got driving it was a pretty smooth drive. The cruise itself was a 4 day 3 night cruise organized by the World Adult Kickball Association (WAKA). kickball.com Over 300 crazy kickballers took to the seas in search of a sloppy good time. Kickball itself is known for its wild parties. They had several theme nights including "decades" where people dressed in 60's, 70's 80's & 90's swag. They had a pirate theme night and best of all a neon pub crawl in Nassau. This consisted of everyone dressed in neon gear crawling from bar to bar. The best memory was at one of the last bars, Fat Tuesdays where we jumped off the wall into the crystal clear blue water below. The day we spent on the cruise lines private island CoCo Kay was another awesome experience I will never forget. We spent the day playing kickball on the pristine beach, jumping on water trampolines in the ocean and sliding down 40foot water slides. Another awesome memory was when my roommate and friend stole a whole watermelon carved into a bunny from the buffet. We later found out other people in our group were doing the same thing and we had fruit animal family. I drew the line when she wanted to bring it home on the three hour drive with us. Just the relaxing vacation I needed from my Italy trip. Like my travels overseas I met so many awesome people whom I still talk to today. The cruise attracted players all the way from California. I would recommend this cruise to anyone whom likes to have a good time even if you are not a player. The only con was the amount of money I spent on alcohol during the trip and the hold the cruise line placed on my debit card. I highly recommend sneaking bottles of booze in your luggage. the nerd I am I was afraid to get caught and paid full price. I didn't hear of anyone getting booze taken away. They have a cup you can buy and have unlimited soda refills for $8.00 per day. not a bad deal at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment